Dynamic approach. Strategic solutions. Exceptional service.
Our team is working to find a resolution to your legal issues and striving to achieve the best possible outcome.
Juris Fisher is a law firm known for providing high value, strategic solutions and exceptional client service. We provide a full array of corporate, commercial litigation, international arbitration, intellectual property and insolvency legal services to a broad range of clients, including many of the leading companies and industry leaders as well as public and not-for-profit organizations.
The circle of legal professionals working with Juris Fisher are fully qualified with extensive experience in legal matters and provide a professional and personal service, in a timely manner.
As an experienced solicitor-advocate, commercial litigator and arbitrator, proprietor Alexander Spak handles some of Juris Fisher’s most significant and complex litigation cases. He was called to the Bar of England and Wales as a barrister in 2009 and later cross-qualified as a solicitor. Having worked for leading City law firm Hogan Lovells in their Corporate Litigation, Investigations, Contentious Insolvency and Fraud department in London, he went on to launch his own law firm, Juris Fisher.
Alexander holds degrees in LL.B. (Law) and LL.M. in International Business Law with Distinction.
He has substantial experience of co-ordinating major, multi-centre and multi-discipline disputes, which has led to him being acknowledged as a trustworthy and highly experienced lawyer, particularly in respect of complex and high value cases. Alexander’s work is often international and he has an unparalleled hands-on track record of managing large cross-border matters, often with a fraud-related element.
Alexander has full rights of audience to appear and conduct proceedings in all civil courts on behalf of Juris Fisher clients. This means that we can act directly for clients without the need for an intermediary. Benefits of this include cost-effective representation, improved communication and increased contact with the person who will ultimately be presenting their case in court; something that the ‘traditional model’ is not always able to deliver.
His work in respect of international arbitration matters have been lauded by his clients and has been described as very effective. He has particular knowledge of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Rules and practice as well as other arbitral institutions, obtaining and enforcing some of the most powerful orders available, such as freezing injunctions, receivership orders, search orders and disclosure orders.
Alexander is accustomed to handling affairs of foreign clients as he is fluent in Greek, Russian and Ukrainian languages.
- Acted for the claimant bank in a complex high-profile High Court litigation involving a US$5.5 billion fraud claim.
- Successfully advocated on behalf of a prominent Greek radio station against a London counterpart in a nuanced trade marks dispute.
- Represented a St. Petersburg oil terminal against Russia’s largest online retailer at the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), obtaining a worldwide freezing order and succeeding on the entire US$35 million claim.
- Represented a prominent Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) banker at the LCIA from start to settlement.
- Represented a Cypriot financial conglomerate at the LCIA from start to settlement.
- Represented a large supermarket chain operating within the CIS at the LCIA, obtaining multi-dollar security for costs.
- Acted in various corporate insolvency matters, seeking recovery for creditors outside the statutory moratorium.
- Successfully represented numerous claimants in legal proceedings to secure the recovery of substantial sums of money and property from the police.
- Secured a worldwide freezing order against a major Russian online retailer.
- Advised on English law for the first Scheme of Arrangement in Cyprus regarding a large financial conglomerate and its global creditors after the last change of the Cyprus restructuring and insolvency law.
- Advised and acted for Chornomornaftogaz to assist Ukraine in securing attachment to remove vessel Titan-2 from the Gulf of Mexico.
Roger has an exceptional 40 years’ experience as a litigation manager. He handles significant disputes in a wide-range of fields, and his insights into the legal process and hands-on skills in managing litigation have been widely acknowledged.
For over 40 years Roger was the litigation manager in two law firms, both part of the same legal partnership. This practice was established in about 1880. Prior to this, he worked in the litigation departments of City and West End law firms
In his career Roger has dealt with a wide variety of litigation, including:
- Personal injury;
- Professional negligence;
- Medical (clinical) negligence;
- Building disputes, including arbitrations under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act and planning disputes;
- Landlord and tenant disputes (commercial and residential);
- Libel and slander (defamation);
- Proceeds of Crime Act litigation, including a recent four-week case in Southwark Crown Court arising from a Ponzi scheme fraud valued at around £100 million;
- Intellectual property disputes;
- Family law, including divorce, custody and access to children and ancillary relief, including some high-end disputes over property and finance;
- Off shore work;
- Tax work including a dispute with HMRC as to whether a client was resident in the UK for tax purposes in regard to wealth developed overseas;
- Technology and Construction Court disputes, formerly known as Official Referees’ Court
- Rights of way;
- Contentious probate and Inheritance Act claims;
- Human rights cases to Court of Appeal and house of Lords (Supreme Court) level.